We love Asana. Here you go. We said it. Now it’s clear :) We even posted an answer in Quora that links to 1) this blog 2) a small hack we did to be able to move projects around workspaces in Asana. In other terms : Asana, we love you :)
But like all things you love blindly, there’s always a small voice inside you saying “if only”. If only Asana could act as an ultra-CRM, see my sent emails and remind me, in a task, of re-sending them again if nobody answers… “If only”
Enter Boomerang !
Boomerang is a great reminder for Gmail we ran into some weeks ago. We meddled a bit with Yesware (kudos to you guys, great tracking feature) but ended up choosing Boomerang because it was the perfect and simplest reminder tool.
After a couple of days working through it, we figure something out:
- Boomerang send back an email with a boomerang tag every time it reminds me of something
- On the other hand, Asana has a “e-mail task” feature through its email@example.com address
The dots connected and taraaa (or was it taratataaaa ?):
- Remember to boomerang each e-mail you want to be reminded of
- Create a Gmail filter asking Gmail to send to firstname.lastname@example.org every e-mail with a ‘Boomerang’ tag and sent from your e-mail address (Boomerang sends emails back to your inbox using your own address)
- Enjoy looking at reminder tasks popping up at the right time inside Asana
The beauty here is that, through e-mail, what used to be a management tool is integrated and communicating with your process flow… Machines can talk to each other and it’s for the best !
So, to sum it up : Birdback ♥ Asana + Boomerang. Thank you guys, you make it so much easier